Motorist rescued from floodwater
Fire crews scrambled after car becomes stranded in deep water near Shebbear
A DRIVER was rescued from a car stuck in floodwater near Shebbear yesterday.
The stranded motorist got into difficulties after driving through deep water at Dipper Mill Farm and called emergency services for assistance.
Fire crews from Holsworthy and Hatherleigh rescued the driver after pushing the car to safety at around 6.48am.
Specialist rescue advisor Barry Webb, from Barnstaple Fire Station, said: “We have had a lot of heavy rain this week and with the water running off the fields, there is a danger that some smaller roads may flood.
You may also want to watch:
“I would remind motorists not to drive through floodwater as it could be deeper than they think.”
Yesterday, there were reports of flooding on the A39 from Shirwell to Blackmoor Gate, while this morning, problems were reported on the B3227 South Molton to Umberleigh road, and on the B3226 South Molton from to Chulmleigh.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 5 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role