Motorist rescued from floodwater
Fire crews scrambled after car becomes stranded in deep water near Shebbear
A DRIVER was rescued from a car stuck in floodwater near Shebbear yesterday.
The stranded motorist got into difficulties after driving through deep water at Dipper Mill Farm and called emergency services for assistance.
Fire crews from Holsworthy and Hatherleigh rescued the driver after pushing the car to safety at around 6.48am.
Specialist rescue advisor Barry Webb, from Barnstaple Fire Station, said: “We have had a lot of heavy rain this week and with the water running off the fields, there is a danger that some smaller roads may flood.
You may also want to watch:
“I would remind motorists not to drive through floodwater as it could be deeper than they think.”
Yesterday, there were reports of flooding on the A39 from Shirwell to Blackmoor Gate, while this morning, problems were reported on the B3227 South Molton to Umberleigh road, and on the B3226 South Molton from to Chulmleigh.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition