Motorist rescued from floodwater
Fire crews scrambled after car becomes stranded in deep water near Shebbear
A DRIVER was rescued from a car stuck in floodwater near Shebbear yesterday.
The stranded motorist got into difficulties after driving through deep water at Dipper Mill Farm and called emergency services for assistance.
Fire crews from Holsworthy and Hatherleigh rescued the driver after pushing the car to safety at around 6.48am.
Specialist rescue advisor Barry Webb, from Barnstaple Fire Station, said: “We have had a lot of heavy rain this week and with the water running off the fields, there is a danger that some smaller roads may flood.
You may also want to watch:
“I would remind motorists not to drive through floodwater as it could be deeper than they think.”
Yesterday, there were reports of flooding on the A39 from Shirwell to Blackmoor Gate, while this morning, problems were reported on the B3227 South Molton to Umberleigh road, and on the B3226 South Molton from to Chulmleigh.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon