Motorist injured in A39 crash
Emergency services reopen Link Road following early morning incident.
A MOTORIST was taken to hospital after crashing his car on the A39 near Barnstaple earlier this morning (Monday).
The blue Vauxhall Zafira, travelling from Bideford to Barnstaple, crashed near a picnic area a mile from the Roundswell roundabout.
No other vehicles were involved in the incident, which happened at around 4.40am.
Two fire crews from Barnstaple worked with paramedics to help free the casualty, who was taken to North Devon District Hospital suffering ‘minor’ injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was re-opened at 6.50am.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 The Beggar's Opera - This week at the Queen's Theatre