Motorist injured in A39 crash
Emergency services reopen Link Road following early morning incident.
A MOTORIST was taken to hospital after crashing his car on the A39 near Barnstaple earlier this morning (Monday).
The blue Vauxhall Zafira, travelling from Bideford to Barnstaple, crashed near a picnic area a mile from the Roundswell roundabout.
No other vehicles were involved in the incident, which happened at around 4.40am.
Two fire crews from Barnstaple worked with paramedics to help free the casualty, who was taken to North Devon District Hospital suffering ‘minor’ injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was re-opened at 6.50am.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge