Motorist injured in A39 crash
Emergency services reopen Link Road following early morning incident.
A MOTORIST was taken to hospital after crashing his car on the A39 near Barnstaple earlier this morning (Monday).
The blue Vauxhall Zafira, travelling from Bideford to Barnstaple, crashed near a picnic area a mile from the Roundswell roundabout.
No other vehicles were involved in the incident, which happened at around 4.40am.
Two fire crews from Barnstaple worked with paramedics to help free the casualty, who was taken to North Devon District Hospital suffering ‘minor’ injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was re-opened at 6.50am.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton