Motorist injured in A39 crash
Emergency services reopen Link Road following early morning incident.
A MOTORIST was taken to hospital after crashing his car on the A39 near Barnstaple earlier this morning (Monday).
The blue Vauxhall Zafira, travelling from Bideford to Barnstaple, crashed near a picnic area a mile from the Roundswell roundabout.
No other vehicles were involved in the incident, which happened at around 4.40am.
Two fire crews from Barnstaple worked with paramedics to help free the casualty, who was taken to North Devon District Hospital suffering ‘minor’ injuries.
The road was re-opened at 6.50am.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
- 8 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 9 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 10 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause