Motorcylists seek answers
THE newly formed North Devon branch of the Motorcycle Action Group is holding a Motorcyclists Question Time at Irelands Motorcycle Services of Barnstaple next Wednesday, June 15, at 7pm.
There will be an open forum, with members of the panel responding to questions from the audience.
Invited members of the panel are district councillors Roy Lucas, Adam Bradford and David Fulford and Michael Newcombe, Road Safety Officer for Devon County Council.
Motorcyclists are asked to go along and ask their questions. All topics relating to motorcycling in North Devon are welcomed - road safety, parking, rider training and bikes in bus lanes are just some of the issues expected to be covered.
This is an opportunity for local riders to raise their issues with those in a position to make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
Local MAG member Tracy Smith said: “The issues we care about will not appear on any agendas, unless we put them there.”
Chairman for the meeting will be Doug Smith, newly elected MAG representative for the North Devon area, who previously held the post 15 years ago prior to running MAG for the South West region. Doug is an advanced rider with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents and is currently training to be an observer with RoSPA.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened