Motorcyclist killed in Merton crash
- Credit: Archant
Local man, 44, pronounced dead at the scene after Sunday afternoon road collision.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a motorcyclist died following a road collision near Okehampton yesterday (Sunday).
It happened just after 4.20pm on the A386 outside Lower Lodge at Merton and the 44-year-old local man, thought to be from Meeth, was pronounced dead at the scene.
He was riding a Suzuki GSXR, was travelling in the direction of Torrington from Meeth with a group of other motorcyclists.
Police said he is believed to have lost control of his motorcycle on a bend and hit a low bank. No other vehicles were involved.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while collision investigators were at the scene and it was reopened by 11.35pm.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit are appealing for witnesses to contact by dialling 101 and quoting log number 639 of October 6.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes