Motorcyclist, 60, dies in crash
South Molton man collided with stationary van
A 60-year-old South Molton motorcyclist has died following an accident yesterday evening (Sunday).
Arthur Leslie Slack was travelling towards Alswear on the B3137, when he collided with a stationary and unattended van at around 5.30pm.
The impact is thought to have caused him to fall into the path of an oncoming vehicle causing further injury.
Mr Slack was pronounced dead a short time later by paramedics at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for around seven hours while emergency services and police collision investigators carried out their work.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home