Motorcycle rider airlifted to hospital
Rider has ‘possible life-changing injuries’ after two vehicle collision near Combe Martin.
A MOTORCYCLE rider has been airlifted to Frenchay Hospital with possible life-changing injuries following a collision near Combe Martin this afternoon (Fri).
Three fire engines attended the scene where a collision had occurred between a black Harley Davidson XL and a black Mercedes C200.
The incident occurred around 12.50pm on the A399 and the police closed the road between Blackmoor Gate and Easter Close.
The male driver of the motorcycle is believed to have suffered serious injuries including fractured ribs.
The car contained four people who were not reported to be injured.
The road was reopened at 3.20pm.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?