Motor show in Combe Martin carnival programme
FINAL preparations are being made to one particular Combe Martin Carnival event, which is sure to put a smile on the face of motor enthusiasts. The Static Motor Show is being held on Thursday, August 13 at the coach park, next to the Pack O Cards. Cars
FINAL preparations are being made to one particular Combe Martin Carnival event, which is sure to put a smile on the face of motor enthusiasts.
The Static Motor Show is being held on Thursday, August 13 at the coach park, next to the Pack O'Cards.
Cars and motorbikes that are the pride and joy of young drivers and riders from the village will be on display, supported by other locally-owned cars including a Ferrari, TVR, Lancia, Lotus, Mercedes, Triumph, MG and BMW.
The Fire and Rescue Service's youth interaction vehicle, a heavily customized VW T5 van, will also be there, aiming to raise awareness about responsibility on the road.
You may also want to watch:
Committee Member Glyn Howell-Williams has organised the event in conjunction with young village drivers, Transform and the Police.
He said: "We decided to include the show in the carnival celebrations, following criticism earlier this year about some of our younger drivers. Therefore, this is one way of bringing the local community and visitors together, letting them meet up and look around these superb vehicles, as well as promoting the enjoyment of motoring and road safety."
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
The Motor Show will run from 4pm to 8pm and is free for families to enjoy.
Each vehicle on show will have a charity donation box of the owner's choice, raising funds for local charities, including the Air Ambulance, RNLI, CLIC, Cancer Research and Hospice Care.