Motocross championships cancelled by weather
THE WET weather has forced Torridge and DMCC to cancel the MX323 British Championship and the Premier Motocross Championship events which were due to take place at their Waggadon Farm Circuit at Torrington in North Devon this weekend. After a visit to t
THE WET weather has forced Torridge and DMCC to cancel the MX323 British Championship and the Premier Motocross Championship events which were due to take place at their Waggadon Farm Circuit at Torrington in North Devon this weekend.
After a visit to the circuit yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon and with weather forecasts predicting more rain over the weekend, club officials decided cancellation would be the only option.
They felt that running the event would not be fair on the riders and spectators and would only spoil what could have been a super weekend. They said that the circuit seemed to cope with the rain, but the car park field had been the worst hit and that the landowner, local residents and the roads leading to and from the circuit also needed to be considered.
"This is a bitter blow to the club, which has put in so much effort over the winter and the past few weeks to ensure that the weekend was one to look forward to. With so many riders entered it was set to be a cracker!" said club vice chairman Mark Osborne.
You may also want to watch:
The MX323 round will not be re-run due to the calendar already being full with other events. The Premier round will possibly be re-run later in the year, but this is to be decided.
The Torridge club insists this will not dampen their spirits and they intend to run other top class events later in the year.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe