Motocross championships cancelled by weather
THE WET weather has forced Torridge and DMCC to cancel the MX323 British Championship and the Premier Motocross Championship events which were due to take place at their Waggadon Farm Circuit at Torrington in North Devon this weekend. After a visit to t
THE WET weather has forced Torridge and DMCC to cancel the MX323 British Championship and the Premier Motocross Championship events which were due to take place at their Waggadon Farm Circuit at Torrington in North Devon this weekend.
After a visit to the circuit yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon and with weather forecasts predicting more rain over the weekend, club officials decided cancellation would be the only option.
They felt that running the event would not be fair on the riders and spectators and would only spoil what could have been a super weekend. They said that the circuit seemed to cope with the rain, but the car park field had been the worst hit and that the landowner, local residents and the roads leading to and from the circuit also needed to be considered.
"This is a bitter blow to the club, which has put in so much effort over the winter and the past few weeks to ensure that the weekend was one to look forward to. With so many riders entered it was set to be a cracker!" said club vice chairman Mark Osborne.
You may also want to watch:
The MX323 round will not be re-run due to the calendar already being full with other events. The Premier round will possibly be re-run later in the year, but this is to be decided.
The Torridge club insists this will not dampen their spirits and they intend to run other top class events later in the year.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality