Morris mania comes to Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
The town celebrates all things Morris on Saturday (July 13) with a day of festivities entitled.... All Things Morris.
ILFRACOMBE will be going ‘Morris mad’ on Saturday with a brand new free event in the town entitled All Things Morris.
Most of the festivities will be around the Fore Street area and the event does just what it says on the tin, with several Morris groups dancing throughout the afternoon.
From mid morning onwards there will also be a display of Morris cars and vehicles at the top of Fore Street, which will be closed for the duration of the event.
Fore Street will be hosting a beer and cider festival as well as bustling with stalls, live music and food well into the evening.
For more details www.visitilfracombe.co.uk Anyone wishing to have a stall, musicians wanting to play for more information, email email@example.com
Ilfracombe Museum is also joining in with an exhibition dedicated to William Morris, the celebrated 19th century artist, designer, writer and socialist.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 9 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
There will be examples of his fabrics, textiles and furniture on display, plus information on his life. William Morris was associated with the Pre-Raphaelite and English Arts and Craft Movements and is well known for his wallpaper and textile designs.
The exhibition will be on display throughout this week from 10am to 5pm. Normal admission prices apply.