More time to help shape the future of North Devon
LOCAL people are being given more time to comment on how North Devon may be developed in the future. A public consultation on North Devon Council and Torridge District Council s draft Core Strategy was due to end yesterday (Thursday). But it has now been
LOCAL people are being given more time to comment on how North Devon may be developed in the future.
A public consultation on North Devon Council and Torridge District Council's draft Core Strategy was due to end yesterday (Thursday). But it has now been extended until Monday, March 15 to enable more people to comment on the proposals.
Proposals include 6,000 new homes around Barnstaple, with Larkbear, Whiddon Valley/Westacott and West Yelland identified as potential sites. Other key areas highlighted in the document as potential housing sites are around Killacleave in Ilfracombe and to the north-west and south of South Molton.
Leader of North Devon Council, Cllr Des Brailey, said: "We've held a series of information days across northern Devon over the last six weeks, to allow local people to see the plans and have their say.
You may also want to watch:
"They've been really successful, with around 2,000 people coming along. However, despite this, there are still some people who want to comment, but say they haven't had enough time. Therefore, we've made the decision to give them until 15 March to make their views known."
People can view the draft Core Strategy and comment online by going to www.northdevon.gov.uk/corestrategy or www.torridge.gov.uk/ldf
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park