More snow possible for North Devon tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Sub zero temperatures and the possibility of further localised snowfall sparks Met Office warnings.
A DROP in temperature has led to further warnings of ice and snow for North Devon over the coming days.
The Met Office has issued a yellow grade weather warning for snow covering the area from 3am tomorrow (Tues) until midnight.
A yellow warning of ice also covers North Devon for today and tomorrow.
The warnings run until 11.55pm on Tuesday and warn sub-zero temperatures will lead to ice forming where snow has fallen on melted over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Localised snow fall of 1-3cm is also possible today which could cause disruption to travel.
A spokesman for the forecasters said: “Outbreaks of sleet or snow may affect parts of southwest England and south Wales during Tuesday.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
“The main risk appears to be in the western portion of the warning area but snow may extend east as far as Wiltshire and Hampshire late on Tuesday.
“Some 2-5 cm of snow is likely in places with a risk of as much as 5-10 cm, more particularly high ground.
As temperatures fall below freezing on Monday night into Tuesday morning icy stretches are likely on untreated surfaces, especially in areas where any further sleet, snow or rain has fallen on Monday.”
The Met Office has advised the current forecast is ‘very likely’ to be updated throughout today.
Check back for updates when we get them.
If you see any snow, send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @northdevon24