More snow possible for North Devon tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Sub zero temperatures and the possibility of further localised snowfall sparks Met Office warnings.
A DROP in temperature has led to further warnings of ice and snow for North Devon over the coming days.
The Met Office has issued a yellow grade weather warning for snow covering the area from 3am tomorrow (Tues) until midnight.
A yellow warning of ice also covers North Devon for today and tomorrow.
The warnings run until 11.55pm on Tuesday and warn sub-zero temperatures will lead to ice forming where snow has fallen on melted over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Localised snow fall of 1-3cm is also possible today which could cause disruption to travel.
A spokesman for the forecasters said: “Outbreaks of sleet or snow may affect parts of southwest England and south Wales during Tuesday.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
“The main risk appears to be in the western portion of the warning area but snow may extend east as far as Wiltshire and Hampshire late on Tuesday.
“Some 2-5 cm of snow is likely in places with a risk of as much as 5-10 cm, more particularly high ground.
As temperatures fall below freezing on Monday night into Tuesday morning icy stretches are likely on untreated surfaces, especially in areas where any further sleet, snow or rain has fallen on Monday.”
The Met Office has advised the current forecast is ‘very likely’ to be updated throughout today.
Check back for updates when we get them.
If you see any snow, send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @northdevon24