More shops close at Atlantic Village
Businesses shut their doors but shopping centre bosses are optimistic units will not remain vacant for long.
ATLANTIC Village has lost two more shops in the last month, bringing the total number of empty units at the Bideford outlet shopping centre to five.
The large MX Active clothing shop closed its doors for good on January 20. Almost directly opposite, the former Past Times store stands vacant after the national chain went into administration last month.
When the Gazette visited the mall on Friday, the Mountain Warehouse store was displaying “closing down” sale posters in the window.
Despite the number of empty units, shopping centre bosses are remaining positive ahead of new developments on the site.
You may also want to watch:
Centre manager Jane McLeod is optimistic that the units will not remain vacant for long.
She said: “There has been a lot of activity recently and a few companies have been to take a look at the units.”
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
An �11 million extension housing eight new retail units and additional parking continues to go through the planning process.