More shops close at Atlantic Village
Businesses shut their doors but shopping centre bosses are optimistic units will not remain vacant for long.
ATLANTIC Village has lost two more shops in the last month, bringing the total number of empty units at the Bideford outlet shopping centre to five.
The large MX Active clothing shop closed its doors for good on January 20. Almost directly opposite, the former Past Times store stands vacant after the national chain went into administration last month.
When the Gazette visited the mall on Friday, the Mountain Warehouse store was displaying “closing down” sale posters in the window.
Despite the number of empty units, shopping centre bosses are remaining positive ahead of new developments on the site.
Centre manager Jane McLeod is optimistic that the units will not remain vacant for long.
She said: “There has been a lot of activity recently and a few companies have been to take a look at the units.”
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 7 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 8 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
An �11 million extension housing eight new retail units and additional parking continues to go through the planning process.