More pastors on the streets
STREET Pastors in Barnstaple and Bideford are continuing to expand their number of volunteers in an effort to meet the demand for their services,
Pastors are patrolling to help keep people safe in Barnstaple and Bideford on Saturday nights and Sunday mornings from 10 pm. to 4am.
Patrols are also being made in Bideford for similar hours on Friday nights and the Bideford Pastors have also provided support in Holsworthy, Westward Ho! and Torrington.
Over the past 17 months they have helped hundreds of vulnerable people with first aid, emergency clothing, protection from predators, emotional support and more.
They have been credited with saving life.
You may also want to watch:
Bideford co-ordinator Duncan Withall said: “A strong working relationship has been built up with the emergency services, but Street Pastors are keen to assert their independence of any statutory authority. That means they are able to listen and support people in absolute confidence - a valuable asset where relationships or drug dependence is involved.”
On Friday (Nov 19) nine new Street Pastors will be commissioned by Roger Reid, National Co-ordinator for Street Pastors and School Pastors at Lavington Church in Bridgeland Street, Bideford. The event is at 7pm. It is free and open to all.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington