More blood donors needed in North Devon
AN appeal has gone out for more blood donors in North Devon. New and regular donors are being invited to attend two sessions next week – at St George s School in Jacket Lane, Northam, on Monday and at Grosvenor Church, Old Station Road, Barnstaple, on We
AN appeal has gone out for more blood donors in North Devon.
New and regular donors are being invited to attend two sessions next week - at St George's School in Jacket Lane, Northam, on Monday and at Grosvenor Church, Old Station Road, Barnstaple, on Wednesday.
Anyone aged over 17, weighing more than 50kg (7 stone 12 lbs) and in general good health could potentially start saving lives by becoming a blood donor.
Juliet Williams, spokesperson for the NHS Blood and Transplant service, said: "We are so grateful to our regular donors who give up their time to save lives.
You may also want to watch:
"We always need new donors to attend blood donor sessions to ensure that blood stocks are kept up and to replace those donors who may have to retire through ill-health.
"This is a chance to make a real difference and help to maintain supplies to hospitals in order that life-saving surgery and treatments can be carried out.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
"However, at the moment only four per cent of those who are eligible to give blood actually do.
"If you've ever wanted to be a donor and live in Northam or Barnstaple, now is the time to act."
To book an appointment, call the Donor Line on 0300 123 23 23 or visit www.blood.co.uk