Month of work along North Devon Link Road
TREE thinning and ditch clearing will take place along the North Devon Link road over the next month. The work is part of a programme of maintenance along sections of the A361 from Junction 27 to the Bolham Roundabout, starting on Monday November 2. Ta
TREE thinning and ditch clearing will take place along the North Devon Link road over the next month.
The work is part of a programme of maintenance along sections of the A361 from Junction 27 to the Bolham Roundabout, starting on Monday November 2.
Tall, thin trees which provide inadequate screening will be removed to allow remaining vegetation to fill-out and provide a thicker barrier, and some tree branches will be removed to improve safety and visibility for motorists. New woody vegetation will be planted to improve diversity and screening.
Some lane closures outside of peak hours may also be needed as ditches are cleared between Bolham Roundabout and Sellick Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation, said: "This tree cutting work is not only important for safety and for screening, but it will also keep the verges neat and tidy alongside the link road. Every effort will be made to keep traffic disruption to a minimum while this is carried out.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 9 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank