Month of work along North Devon Link Road
TREE thinning and ditch clearing will take place along the North Devon Link road over the next month. The work is part of a programme of maintenance along sections of the A361 from Junction 27 to the Bolham Roundabout, starting on Monday November 2. Ta
TREE thinning and ditch clearing will take place along the North Devon Link road over the next month.
The work is part of a programme of maintenance along sections of the A361 from Junction 27 to the Bolham Roundabout, starting on Monday November 2.
Tall, thin trees which provide inadequate screening will be removed to allow remaining vegetation to fill-out and provide a thicker barrier, and some tree branches will be removed to improve safety and visibility for motorists. New woody vegetation will be planted to improve diversity and screening.
Some lane closures outside of peak hours may also be needed as ditches are cleared between Bolham Roundabout and Sellick Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation, said: "This tree cutting work is not only important for safety and for screening, but it will also keep the verges neat and tidy alongside the link road. Every effort will be made to keep traffic disruption to a minimum while this is carried out.
- 1 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 2 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple