Month of work along North Devon Link Road
TREE thinning and ditch clearing will take place along the North Devon Link road over the next month. The work is part of a programme of maintenance along sections of the A361 from Junction 27 to the Bolham Roundabout, starting on Monday November 2. Ta
TREE thinning and ditch clearing will take place along the North Devon Link road over the next month.
The work is part of a programme of maintenance along sections of the A361 from Junction 27 to the Bolham Roundabout, starting on Monday November 2.
Tall, thin trees which provide inadequate screening will be removed to allow remaining vegetation to fill-out and provide a thicker barrier, and some tree branches will be removed to improve safety and visibility for motorists. New woody vegetation will be planted to improve diversity and screening.
Some lane closures outside of peak hours may also be needed as ditches are cleared between Bolham Roundabout and Sellick Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation, said: "This tree cutting work is not only important for safety and for screening, but it will also keep the verges neat and tidy alongside the link road. Every effort will be made to keep traffic disruption to a minimum while this is carried out.
- 1 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 4 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 5 Veterans Charity to host Charity Car Wash at Barnstaple HQ
- 6 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 7 Motorcyclist denied dangerous driving after quad bike crash
- 8 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 9 Hospice volunteer reaches out to 325 bereaved people during lockdown
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone