Molly gets in the saddle for local charities
Schoolgirl, 11, does her bit to help hospice and war heroes.
AN 11-year-old girl is getting on her bike on Saturday to raise money for North Devon Hospice.
Molly Down, from Landkey, will be cycling nearly 20 miles along the Tarka Trail to raise money for North Devon Hospice and Help for Heroes.
Armed with collection tins, Molly will be collecting for the two charities in the pubs and cafes along the trail from Barnstaple train station to Bideford and back.
She said: “I was out cycling one day and decided I would like do something that would raise money for these fantastic charities. My brother is a volunteer at North Devon Hospice and my family are very supportive of our troops fighting in foreign lands.”
You may also want to watch:
The fund-raising will continue that evening with a charity disco at The Ring O’ Bells in Landkey, from 7.30pm, with light refreshments and a raffle.
“All are welcome, I would like to thank everyone who has sponsored me so far,” added Molly.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
To sponsor Molly telephone 01271 831151 or email email@example.com.