Molly gets in the saddle for local charities
Schoolgirl, 11, does her bit to help hospice and war heroes.
AN 11-year-old girl is getting on her bike on Saturday to raise money for North Devon Hospice.
Molly Down, from Landkey, will be cycling nearly 20 miles along the Tarka Trail to raise money for North Devon Hospice and Help for Heroes.
Armed with collection tins, Molly will be collecting for the two charities in the pubs and cafes along the trail from Barnstaple train station to Bideford and back.
She said: “I was out cycling one day and decided I would like do something that would raise money for these fantastic charities. My brother is a volunteer at North Devon Hospice and my family are very supportive of our troops fighting in foreign lands.”
You may also want to watch:
The fund-raising will continue that evening with a charity disco at The Ring O’ Bells in Landkey, from 7.30pm, with light refreshments and a raffle.
“All are welcome, I would like to thank everyone who has sponsored me so far,” added Molly.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
To sponsor Molly telephone 01271 831151 or email email@example.com.