Mobility charity's Christmas offers
NORTH Devon Shopmobility, the Barnstaple-based charity, is offering special hire rates on wheelchairs or portable scooters for clients this Christmas. Manual wheelchairs can be hired for �21 or portable scooter at �50. Both will fit into cars. The new r
NORTH Devon Shopmobility, the Barnstaple-based charity, is offering special hire rates on wheelchairs or portable scooters for clients this Christmas.
Manual wheelchairs can be hired for �21 or portable scooter at �50. Both will fit into cars.
The new retail section stocks living and mobility aids and may also be able to help the disabled over the holiday period.
The charity, which lends out wheelchairs and scooters to clients wanting to go shopping in Barnstaple, will be closed for Christmas and the New Year from 1pm on Thursday, December 24 until 9.15am on Monday, January 4.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our staff and volunteers for their work and help with fund-raising during 2009 and wish them and all our clients a very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year."
The Shopmobility Centre can be found in Albert Lane, next to Barnstaple
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 8 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Bus Station and offers clients who arrive by car, free parking. To find out more Information and to book a scooter or wheelchair, telephone ( 01271)
328866, or alternatively drop into the centre Monday - Friday from 9.15am to 4pm.