Bideford company providing special commemorative kit in huge Scottish Cup tie
- Credit: Matt Smart
A Bideford sportswear company will be making its mark in the William Hill Scottish Cup next weekend.
MJM Sports is producing special commemorative match shirts for Clyde FC as they take on heavyweights Celtic on Sunday, February 9.
The tie is a big one for Clyde, who play their football two divisions below Celtic in Scottish League One.
The last time the two sides met was in 2006 when Clyde produced a giant-killing performance to win 2-1.
MJM Sports provide the Scottish side, nicknamed The Bully Wee, with all their Kappa teamwear, which they embroider with the club logo and print player names, numbers and team sponsors. They will be adding special commemorative details for the big cup tie.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Schofield, head of design and production at MJM Sports, said: "When we first started out in teamwear, it was always an ambition of mine to have one of my kits to be seen out on a pitch in a game of this stature, now it has been realised, and I'm absolutely delighted."
Managing director Terry Schofield said: "It's a real pleasure to be the teamwear provider to Clyde FC, particularly for this major match.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
"I think it's a real credit to the service we provide together with the great brands available to us that we can operate so successfully throughout the UK."
The company provides sportswear for 585 different sports teams, from football clubs, to basketball, dodgeball and handball.
Clyde's clash with Celtic in the Scottish FA Cup Fifth Round is available to watch on Premier Sports 1, kicking off at 2pm.