Bideford company providing special commemorative kit in huge Scottish Cup tie
- Credit: Matt Smart
A Bideford sportswear company will be making its mark in the William Hill Scottish Cup next weekend.
MJM Sports is producing special commemorative match shirts for Clyde FC as they take on heavyweights Celtic on Sunday, February 9.
The tie is a big one for Clyde, who play their football two divisions below Celtic in Scottish League One.
The last time the two sides met was in 2006 when Clyde produced a giant-killing performance to win 2-1.
MJM Sports provide the Scottish side, nicknamed The Bully Wee, with all their Kappa teamwear, which they embroider with the club logo and print player names, numbers and team sponsors. They will be adding special commemorative details for the big cup tie.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Schofield, head of design and production at MJM Sports, said: "When we first started out in teamwear, it was always an ambition of mine to have one of my kits to be seen out on a pitch in a game of this stature, now it has been realised, and I'm absolutely delighted."
Managing director Terry Schofield said: "It's a real pleasure to be the teamwear provider to Clyde FC, particularly for this major match.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
"I think it's a real credit to the service we provide together with the great brands available to us that we can operate so successfully throughout the UK."
The company provides sportswear for 585 different sports teams, from football clubs, to basketball, dodgeball and handball.
Clyde's clash with Celtic in the Scottish FA Cup Fifth Round is available to watch on Premier Sports 1, kicking off at 2pm.