Concern for missing Barnstaple girl, 13
- Credit: Archant
Police say they are growing increasingly concerned for the welfare of a missing teenage girl from North Devon.
Ellie Palmer-Welsh, aged 13, was last seen at her home in Barnstaple yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
She was last seen wearing black jeans, a grey t-shirt and a pink sweater, and is described as white, slim, under five feet tall, with green eyes and brown hair worn in a ponytail.
A CCTV image released by police shows her on the northbound platform at Tiverton Parkway rail station at 7.27pm last night (Thursday).
Police believe she could have travelled to Manchester by train.
You may also want to watch:
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesperson said: “Ellie has links to locations across Devon, but police have reason to believe that she may have travelled to Manchester by train.
“The police and her family are concerned for her safety, and are desperate to hear from her to ensure she is okay.
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
“If Ellie sees this appeal, please contact your family or the police and let us know that you are safe.”
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Ellie is asked to call the police immediately on 999, quoting log 711 for August 30.