Miranda climbs the pole to success
Barnstaple pole dance instructor reaches the semi-final of top national contest
A NORTH Devon pole dancer is taking her talents to the next level after reaching the semi-final of a prestigious national competition.
Miranda Goldring, whose act won first prize in Ilfracombe’s Birdman’s got Talent contest this summer, has reached the semi-finals of the UK Professional Pole Championships, taking place in Birmingham on Sunday, October 9.
Miranda, who has been pole dancing for five years, said she was looking forward to the experience of performing at such a big event.
“This is the first time I’ve ever entered a pole contest like this and I’m going to be up against some tough competition,” said Miranda, owner and lead instructor of Barnstaple-based Pole Affinity.
You may also want to watch:
“The first round of judging was done via video entries, with a panel of highly experienced judges within the pole fitness competition industry.
“The judges have said the standard in the instructor category was extremely high, with the highest number of entries of any category in this year’s competition.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
Miranda will be competing against nine other highly skilled dancers from around the UK for a place in the grand final.