Miranda climbs the pole to success
Barnstaple pole dance instructor reaches the semi-final of top national contest
A NORTH Devon pole dancer is taking her talents to the next level after reaching the semi-final of a prestigious national competition.
Miranda Goldring, whose act won first prize in Ilfracombe’s Birdman’s got Talent contest this summer, has reached the semi-finals of the UK Professional Pole Championships, taking place in Birmingham on Sunday, October 9.
Miranda, who has been pole dancing for five years, said she was looking forward to the experience of performing at such a big event.
“This is the first time I’ve ever entered a pole contest like this and I’m going to be up against some tough competition,” said Miranda, owner and lead instructor of Barnstaple-based Pole Affinity.
You may also want to watch:
“The first round of judging was done via video entries, with a panel of highly experienced judges within the pole fitness competition industry.
“The judges have said the standard in the instructor category was extremely high, with the highest number of entries of any category in this year’s competition.”
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
Miranda will be competing against nine other highly skilled dancers from around the UK for a place in the grand final.