Miranda climbs the pole to success
Barnstaple pole dance instructor reaches the semi-final of top national contest
A NORTH Devon pole dancer is taking her talents to the next level after reaching the semi-final of a prestigious national competition.
Miranda Goldring, whose act won first prize in Ilfracombe’s Birdman’s got Talent contest this summer, has reached the semi-finals of the UK Professional Pole Championships, taking place in Birmingham on Sunday, October 9.
Miranda, who has been pole dancing for five years, said she was looking forward to the experience of performing at such a big event.
“This is the first time I’ve ever entered a pole contest like this and I’m going to be up against some tough competition,” said Miranda, owner and lead instructor of Barnstaple-based Pole Affinity.
You may also want to watch:
“The first round of judging was done via video entries, with a panel of highly experienced judges within the pole fitness competition industry.
“The judges have said the standard in the instructor category was extremely high, with the highest number of entries of any category in this year’s competition.”
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon
Miranda will be competing against nine other highly skilled dancers from around the UK for a place in the grand final.