SIR - At last a few moments spare to say Thank you to every one who helped with this years Grand Tour and that includes the 2 very special community police officers who helped us get through Bideford.The list starts like this Bideford Youth Piped Band w
SIR - At last a few moments spare to say Thank you to every one who helped with this years Grand Tour and that includes the 2 very special community police officers who helped us get through Bideford.
The list starts like this Bideford Youth Piped Band who always make the day so special, Arthur & his lovely wife from the IIfracombe Lions who help sort out the parking behind the landmark,
The very special people from Lee Abbey who always get the sun to shine when we arrive and who work so hard to get the campsite clear for us, so we can park the minis.
To Mr & Mrs Johns from Hartland Quay and the ruby club who always manage to provide such a fantastic B-B-Q no matter what the weather.
You may also want to watch:
To Dartington Crystal for allowing us to invade their car park and take it over but we can not forget the lovely Ladies in the restaurant who supplied the cream teas.
We must not forget St Johns who provide the ambulance that makes me feel so much safer.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
But the Grand Tour is a lot bigger than that, we have Dave Lemon and his dedicated band of Motorbike Marshals who make the Grand Tour so special and try to collect as much money as they can.
We cannot forget the Marshals that belong to the minis and who control the whole event and without them we could not put it on. There are so many other people in the back ground who all help, to them all I have to say a big thank you.
To everyone at Little Bridge House especially the Children, thank you for such a fantastic welcome, your welcome touched everyone this year but to the special little one who said thank you to the big biker with a big hug, you will be in his thoughts forever.
This year we raised �26,283 which means we have now given the CHSW over �30,000 this year and it is still going up. The street collection by the Bike Marshals raised �2336, 27p. We know we left so much money behind as we went by but because of the weather we did not have as many Bike Marshals as normal but they still did a fantastic Job under the conditions.
There is one more group of people we have to thank and that is the people of North Devon for allowing as invade their Towns and Villages and for giving us such a fantastic welcome where ever we went. Thank You.
Terry Baker, Organiser, North Devon Mini Register, Bideford.