Mini one-stop-shops open for business
MINI one-stop-shops are being relaunched in three North Devon villages, where local people can get information on North Devon Council services. The customer enquiry points are up and running at Braunton Council Offices, Combe Martin Village Hall and Fremi
MINI one-stop-shops are being relaunched in three North Devon villages, where local people can get information on North Devon Council services.
The customer enquiry points are up and running at Braunton Council Offices, Combe Martin Village Hall and Fremington Parish Hall following an agreement with parish councils. They can deal with a variety of requests, from information about waste and recycling collections, to reporting fly-tipping and other environmental health issues. Planning applications can also be viewed at each of the three locations.
It means residents can talk to someone in person about council services, rather than having to travel to the Civic Centre in Barnstaple, The Ilfracombe Centre or the Amory Centre in South Molton.
Council Leader Des Brailey, who is also Lead Member for Good and Improving Services, said: “I am delighted that we’ve been able to work with these three parish councils to provide this high quality service to residents.
You may also want to watch:
“Not only is it more convenient for local people to speak to someone face-to-face about our services in their own community, but we hope it will mean issues are brought to our attention sooner, so that we can deal with them quicker.”
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 8 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising