Mini one-stop-shops open for business
MINI one-stop-shops are being relaunched in three North Devon villages, where local people can get information on North Devon Council services. The customer enquiry points are up and running at Braunton Council Offices, Combe Martin Village Hall and Fremi
MINI one-stop-shops are being relaunched in three North Devon villages, where local people can get information on North Devon Council services.
The customer enquiry points are up and running at Braunton Council Offices, Combe Martin Village Hall and Fremington Parish Hall following an agreement with parish councils. They can deal with a variety of requests, from information about waste and recycling collections, to reporting fly-tipping and other environmental health issues. Planning applications can also be viewed at each of the three locations.
It means residents can talk to someone in person about council services, rather than having to travel to the Civic Centre in Barnstaple, The Ilfracombe Centre or the Amory Centre in South Molton.
Council Leader Des Brailey, who is also Lead Member for Good and Improving Services, said: “I am delighted that we’ve been able to work with these three parish councils to provide this high quality service to residents.
You may also want to watch:
“Not only is it more convenient for local people to speak to someone face-to-face about our services in their own community, but we hope it will mean issues are brought to our attention sooner, so that we can deal with them quicker.”
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Calls to reject latest bid for new homes at Chivenor Cross