Mini-market opens in West Buckland Church
A mini farmers market is opening inside West Buckland Parish Church tomorrow (Thursday) to augment the Post Office counter which is already housed there. People are being invited to bring in any produce they would like to sell, with 20 per cent of the pu
A mini farmers' market is opening inside West Buckland Parish Church tomorrow (Thursday) to augment the Post Office counter which is already housed there.
People are being invited to bring in any produce they would like to sell, with 20 per cent of the purchase price going into church funds.
The Post Office has been operating in the church on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for some time.
It is well patronised and customers can also buy a cup of tea or coffee while they wait to be served, the money going to church funds
You may also want to watch:
Now the Parochial Church Council has agreed to extend the range of producce that can be sold, including strawberries, potatoes, spinach, beans, bread, eggs or jams. They will be sold at the tea and coffee counter..
Villagers are being asked to bring in items for sale when the Post Office opens and say how much they want for them.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman