Mini-market opens in West Buckland Church
A mini farmers market is opening inside West Buckland Parish Church tomorrow (Thursday) to augment the Post Office counter which is already housed there. People are being invited to bring in any produce they would like to sell, with 20 per cent of the pu
A mini farmers' market is opening inside West Buckland Parish Church tomorrow (Thursday) to augment the Post Office counter which is already housed there.
People are being invited to bring in any produce they would like to sell, with 20 per cent of the purchase price going into church funds.
The Post Office has been operating in the church on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for some time.
It is well patronised and customers can also buy a cup of tea or coffee while they wait to be served, the money going to church funds
You may also want to watch:
Now the Parochial Church Council has agreed to extend the range of producce that can be sold, including strawberries, potatoes, spinach, beans, bread, eggs or jams. They will be sold at the tea and coffee counter..
Villagers are being asked to bring in items for sale when the Post Office opens and say how much they want for them.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe