Mini-market opens in West Buckland Church
A mini farmers market is opening inside West Buckland Parish Church tomorrow (Thursday) to augment the Post Office counter which is already housed there. People are being invited to bring in any produce they would like to sell, with 20 per cent of the pu
A mini farmers' market is opening inside West Buckland Parish Church tomorrow (Thursday) to augment the Post Office counter which is already housed there.
People are being invited to bring in any produce they would like to sell, with 20 per cent of the purchase price going into church funds.
The Post Office has been operating in the church on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for some time.
It is well patronised and customers can also buy a cup of tea or coffee while they wait to be served, the money going to church funds
You may also want to watch:
Now the Parochial Church Council has agreed to extend the range of producce that can be sold, including strawberries, potatoes, spinach, beans, bread, eggs or jams. They will be sold at the tea and coffee counter..
Villagers are being asked to bring in items for sale when the Post Office opens and say how much they want for them.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 10 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch