'Millionaire' cash is put to good use
A �12,000 donation from Channel 4 s Secret Millionaire is to help fund an ambitious campaign to tackle homelessness across North Devon. Barnstaple Poverty Action Group (BPAG) will use the money given by property developer Kevin Green to recruit and trai
A �12,000 donation from Channel 4's "Secret Millionaire" is to help fund an ambitious campaign to tackle homelessness across North Devon.
Barnstaple Poverty Action Group (BPAG) will use the money given by property developer Kevin Green to recruit and train volunteers at a series of events starting this week.
In the television programme screened last month, Mr Green handed over �69,000 of his personal fortune to a number of local charities after spending nine days under cover in Barnstaple.
Tomorrow (Thursday), BPAG, in conjunction with North Devon Voluntary Services (NDVS) will hold the first in a series of Volunteer Recruitment Days at South Molton Pannier Market, from 9am to 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
It will be followed by similar events in Barnstaple's Green Lanes Shopping Centre from 10am to 2pm on November 5, and at Ilfracombe's Lantern Centre, from 10am to 2pm on November 24.
BPAG wants to find volunteers who can commit to a minimum of four hours per week to work in various projects including rural outreach, youth homelessness and intensive tenancy support services. For more information call (01271) 371499.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice