Military wives to perform with Sir Cliff
- Credit: Archant
Chivenor ladies will take centre stage with music legend.
HE might be pop music’s original ‘bachelor boy’, but veteran singer Sir Cliff Richard will be joined by North Devon’s very own ‘singing dolls’ on his national tour this summer.
Chivenor’s Military Wives Choir has been invited to perform with the star at Warwick Castle in on June 8.
They are just one of seven military wives choirs selected to join Sir Cliff on his Midsummer Nights – Still Reelin’ & A-Rockin’ Tour.
Choir member Alana Hollister told the Gazette: “We are supporting and performing with Sir Cliff – it’s very exciting.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been quite busy recently and we performed at Slapton Sands on Sunday during the commemoration of Exercise Tiger.
“We have lots of events coming up in May and will be performing at the North Devon Manufacturers’ Association event at the Barnstaple Hotel on May 16.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
“In December we are booked to perform at St Paul’s Cathedral.”