Military wives to perform with Sir Cliff
- Credit: Archant
Chivenor ladies will take centre stage with music legend.
HE might be pop music’s original ‘bachelor boy’, but veteran singer Sir Cliff Richard will be joined by North Devon’s very own ‘singing dolls’ on his national tour this summer.
Chivenor’s Military Wives Choir has been invited to perform with the star at Warwick Castle in on June 8.
They are just one of seven military wives choirs selected to join Sir Cliff on his Midsummer Nights – Still Reelin’ & A-Rockin’ Tour.
Choir member Alana Hollister told the Gazette: “We are supporting and performing with Sir Cliff – it’s very exciting.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve been quite busy recently and we performed at Slapton Sands on Sunday during the commemoration of Exercise Tiger.
“We have lots of events coming up in May and will be performing at the North Devon Manufacturers’ Association event at the Barnstaple Hotel on May 16.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
“In December we are booked to perform at St Paul’s Cathedral.”