Military Wives Choir in Barnstaple today
The ladies from Chivenor will be singing and signing copies of their new single at Sainsbury’s in Roundswell from 3pm today (Thursday.)
THE Military Wives Choir will be at Sainsbury’s in Barnstaple today (Thursday) signing copies of their new single.
Around 30 members of the choir from Chivenor are expected at the store from 3pm and it is anticipated they will also be singing in between promoting their charity song Wherever You Are by Paul Mealor, now red hot favourite for the Christmas number one spot.
It seems the CD has been flying off the shelves and keeping the internet lines buzzing as the nation shows its support for the wives –who shot to fame with Gareth Malone in his BBC Two series The Choir: Military Wives.
Sainsbury’s at Roundswell in Barnstaple had already sold out of its initial consignment of the CD, but 1,500 more copies have been delivered overnight, with more expected later today.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from sales will go to the Royal British Legion plus military charity SSAFA, which aids servicemen and their families in times of need.
As for a Christmas chart topper, the choir now seems unbeatable, with bookmakers William Hill currently offering odds of 1/100, meaning punters would have to spend �100 to get one back.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
* Tonight at 10.40pm on BBC Two there will be a special 90 minute round up show. Military Wives: Compilation follows the choir’s journey with celebrity choirmaster Gareth Malone.