Mikey is North Devon representative for Surfers Against Sewage
MIKEY Corker from the Loose-Fit surf shop and caf� in Braunton has been selected as a regional representative for Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) in North Devon. This prestigious position is a hugely rewarding role that will help protect the local coastlin
MIKEY Corker from the Loose-Fit surf shop and caf� in Braunton has been selected as a regional representative for Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) in North Devon.
This prestigious position is a hugely rewarding role that will help protect the local coastline, surf spots, and improve water quality in the area, not only for surfers but all recreational water users and beach goers.
SAS campaigns for clean, safe recreational waters, free from sewage effluents, toxic chemicals, nuclear waste and marine litter. SAS also campaigns to protect surf spots from environmental damage, negative impacts on wave quality and to safeguard wave riders right of access.
Mikey will be working towards tackling these issues and more, along with activities such as delivering schools talks, carrying out fund-raising events and implementing local campaigns actions.
You may also want to watch:
Mikey said: "I am delighted to have this role with SAS, which will help protect the beaches and waves I personally use so regularly and which are a great natural asset to our region
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 8 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director