Mikey is North Devon representative for Surfers Against Sewage
MIKEY Corker from the Loose-Fit surf shop and caf� in Braunton has been selected as a regional representative for Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) in North Devon. This prestigious position is a hugely rewarding role that will help protect the local coastlin
MIKEY Corker from the Loose-Fit surf shop and caf� in Braunton has been selected as a regional representative for Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) in North Devon.
This prestigious position is a hugely rewarding role that will help protect the local coastline, surf spots, and improve water quality in the area, not only for surfers but all recreational water users and beach goers.
SAS campaigns for clean, safe recreational waters, free from sewage effluents, toxic chemicals, nuclear waste and marine litter. SAS also campaigns to protect surf spots from environmental damage, negative impacts on wave quality and to safeguard wave riders right of access.
Mikey will be working towards tackling these issues and more, along with activities such as delivering schools talks, carrying out fund-raising events and implementing local campaigns actions.
You may also want to watch:
Mikey said: "I am delighted to have this role with SAS, which will help protect the beaches and waves I personally use so regularly and which are a great natural asset to our region
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening