Mikey is North Devon representative for Surfers Against Sewage
MIKEY Corker from the Loose-Fit surf shop and caf� in Braunton has been selected as a regional representative for Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) in North Devon. This prestigious position is a hugely rewarding role that will help protect the local coastlin
MIKEY Corker from the Loose-Fit surf shop and caf� in Braunton has been selected as a regional representative for Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) in North Devon.
This prestigious position is a hugely rewarding role that will help protect the local coastline, surf spots, and improve water quality in the area, not only for surfers but all recreational water users and beach goers.
SAS campaigns for clean, safe recreational waters, free from sewage effluents, toxic chemicals, nuclear waste and marine litter. SAS also campaigns to protect surf spots from environmental damage, negative impacts on wave quality and to safeguard wave riders right of access.
Mikey will be working towards tackling these issues and more, along with activities such as delivering schools talks, carrying out fund-raising events and implementing local campaigns actions.
You may also want to watch:
Mikey said: "I am delighted to have this role with SAS, which will help protect the beaches and waves I personally use so regularly and which are a great natural asset to our region
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 9 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 10 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree