Midnight fire caused by tumble dryer

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

Braunton resident used fire extinguisher to tackle utility room blaze.

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

A RESIDENT used a fire extinguisher to tackle a midnight blaze at a home in Braunton.

Firefighters from Braunton and Barnstaple were eventually able to bring the fire under control at the house at The Brittons in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).

They used a hose reel jet to extinguish the tumble dryer fire and a thermal image camera to check for residual hot spots in the smoke-damaged utility room.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter