Devon set for hot weather as weekend approaches
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Devon is bracing itself for hot weather ahead of the weekend with temperatures expected to reach as high at 26 degrees.
The Met Office is forecasting a spell of sustained hot weather over Thursday (August 6) and Friday (August 7) and into the weekend.
Devon is expected to experience temperatures of up to 26 degrees in some places.
Met Office chief meteorologist Dan Suri said: “Most of us will see a spell of warm, summery weather later this week, with hot weather developing across southern parts of the UK.
“From Thursday it’ll be much warmer across southern and central areas, with temperatures widely reaching 28-29 Celsius.
You may also want to watch:
“It’ll be another hot day on Friday with temperatures widely reaching 30 Celsius, or higher, in central, southern and some northern parts of England.”
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer