Devon set for hot weather as weekend approaches
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Devon is bracing itself for hot weather ahead of the weekend with temperatures expected to reach as high at 26 degrees.
The Met Office is forecasting a spell of sustained hot weather over Thursday (August 6) and Friday (August 7) and into the weekend.
Devon is expected to experience temperatures of up to 26 degrees in some places.
Met Office chief meteorologist Dan Suri said: “Most of us will see a spell of warm, summery weather later this week, with hot weather developing across southern parts of the UK.
“From Thursday it’ll be much warmer across southern and central areas, with temperatures widely reaching 28-29 Celsius.
You may also want to watch:
“It’ll be another hot day on Friday with temperatures widely reaching 30 Celsius, or higher, in central, southern and some northern parts of England.”
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 10 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village