Merton vintage vehicles - and ride in the school bus
MORE than 100 vintage vehicles are entered for the second Merton Vintage Car Rally and Summer Fayre. Since the first successful event the word has spread and entries have been received from North and South Devon, Cornwall and everywhere in between. As w
MORE than 100 vintage vehicles are entered for the second Merton Vintage Car Rally and Summer Fayre.
Since the first successful event the word has spread and entries have been received from
North and South Devon, Cornwall and everywhere in between.
As well as the vintage vehicles, there will be another link with history when the event is opened by Colonel M W F Maxse, vice-president of the Exeter branch of the Coldstream Guard Association.
You may also want to watch:
This will continue the village's Monck 400th anniversary celebrations, marking the life of General George Monck, who lived in Merton and founded the Coldstream Guards.
During the day there will also be the Streetz Dance Group, police dog display team, police helicopter, fire service safety display, Winkleigh Morris Dancers, stalls, fairground rides, bouncy castle, an art exhibition, make your own Monck medals, refreshments, bar - and a chance to ride on the old Merton school bus!
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 4 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 9 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 10 High Streets reopen across Torridge
Merton Vintage Rally and Summer Fayre is on Saturday, July 18 from 11am to 5pm. It is organised by the Friends of The Clinton School and raises money to help school projects.