Merton rally's link with history
MORE than 100 vintage vehicles are entered for the second Merton Vintage Car Rally and Summer Fayre on Saturday, July 18. Since the first successful event the word has spread and entries have been received from North and South Devon and Cornwall. As wel
MORE than 100 vintage vehicles are entered for the second Merton Vintage Car Rally and Summer Fayre on Saturday, July 18.
Since the first successful event the word has spread and entries have been received from
North and South Devon and Cornwall.
As well as the vintage vehicles, there will be another link with history when the event is opened by Colonel M W F Maxse, vice-president of the Exeter branch of the Coldstream Guard Association.
You may also want to watch:
This will continue the village's Monck 400th anniversary celebrations, marking the life of General George Monck, who lived in Merton and founded the Coldstream Guards.
During the day there will also be the Streetz Dance Group, police dog display team, police helicopter, fire service safety display, Winkleigh Morris Dancers, stalls, fairground rides, bouncy castle, an art exhibition and a chance to ride on the old Merton school bus!
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley