Merton rally's link with history
MORE than 100 vintage vehicles are entered for the second Merton Vintage Car Rally and Summer Fayre on Saturday, July 18. Since the first successful event the word has spread and entries have been received from North and South Devon and Cornwall. As wel
MORE than 100 vintage vehicles are entered for the second Merton Vintage Car Rally and Summer Fayre on Saturday, July 18.
Since the first successful event the word has spread and entries have been received from
North and South Devon and Cornwall.
As well as the vintage vehicles, there will be another link with history when the event is opened by Colonel M W F Maxse, vice-president of the Exeter branch of the Coldstream Guard Association.
You may also want to watch:
This will continue the village's Monck 400th anniversary celebrations, marking the life of General George Monck, who lived in Merton and founded the Coldstream Guards.
During the day there will also be the Streetz Dance Group, police dog display team, police helicopter, fire service safety display, Winkleigh Morris Dancers, stalls, fairground rides, bouncy castle, an art exhibition and a chance to ride on the old Merton school bus!
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 9 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple