Merry men take on the pebbles for the Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Cancer survivor John Ziepke and friends walk the shoreline from Clovelly to Westward Ho!
BIDEFORD’S John Ziepke and his band of merry men walked their way from Clovelly to the Pier House at Westward Ho! along the scenic Atlantic Ocean beach in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Double cancer survivor John knows all too well the need for a new unit in the region and this is his latest bid to support the appeal after shaving off his hair and beard earlier this year.
John’s wife Malinda said: “John and his friends were determined to walk the route over the pebbles, a distance of 10-and-a-half miles.
They set off early at 7 am from Clovelly’s top car park and arrived in Westward Ho! in time for a late lunch after six-and-a-half hours.
You may also want to watch:
“Walking over the pebbles wasn’t easy but they managed it with only one sprained ankle and quite severe leg strain but the injured pair didn’t give up.
“The weather was fantastic and at the end of it they were still all smiling.”
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
Appeal fund raising officer Julie Whitton added: “John and Malinda are fantastic supporters appeal. Earlier in the year John shaved off his hair and beard, and in total he has now raised more than £2,000.”