Merry Crimbo for Chemo Appeal?
New fund raiser for the north Devon Chemotherapy Appeal has plenty of charitable activities to work with in the run up to Christmas.
THE North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal is set for a busy start to the festive season with the appointment of a new fund raising officer plus plenty of ideas to ensure a happy Christmas.
Julie Whitton from Swimbridge will support fund raising manager Ian Roome in guiding the Appeal from its current total of �1.3 million to the �2.2 million target.
The region has already responded magnificently to the appeal for a new chemotherapy and day treatment unit to treat more than 8,000 local patients.
Julie – well known to many for her endless work on behalf of events and causes in Swimbridge - has made a swift start to her work, supporting a range of fund raising activities in the build-up to Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
The annual Santa Band display at St John’s Garden Centre in Barnstaple has dedicated its proceeds to the Chemo Appeal this year and will be officially unveiled this Friday at the centre’s annual Santa launch night.
The man in red will be arriving outside at 5.30pm before heading to his grotto. Members of the Queen’s Theatre panto cast will also be on hand, plus huggable huskies, fair ground rides and late night shopping opportunities.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Other Chemo events include hand-crafted Christmas cards made by Barnstaple resident Pearl Hatton on sale in the chemotherapy unit, while The Hospital Choir from NDDH is to sing at the Barnstaple Tesco Extra store on Saturday, December 22.
“Fundraising and events are my passion and the Chemotherapy Appeal is a charity that is close to my heart,” said Julie.
“My mother had chemotherapy treatment at NDDH and received wonderful care within the hospital. But the treatment rooms were small and isolated, limiting family members to be with her during the treatment.
“The new chemotherapy unit will make such a difference to thousands of patients and their families.”
Anyone who has any Christmas fund raising ideas of their own for the Chemo Appeal is welcome to call Julie on 01271 311772 or firstname.lastname@example.org