One man received burns and another suffered smoke inhalation during fire involving chip pan in Ilfracombe.

One man received burns to his hand and another suffered smoke inhalation during a kitchen fire in Ilfracombe yesterday (Wednesday).

Fire crews were called to Church Street just after 8pm to a fire involving a cooker.

Crews from the town and a hydraulic platform from Ilfracombe got to work using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.

The fire involved a chip pan which was removed to the open air.

The men were given first aid from fire fighters and left in the care or paramedics.