Memory Leaves for loved ones
INSPIRED by nature, Memory Leaves have been launched by the North Devon Hospice as a unique way to support their vital work and to honour the memory of loved ones.
The beautifully crafted, life-size beech or oak leaves come in a choice of brass or copper.
In exchange for a donation to the hospice, people can receive these special leaves as a memory of a loved one, to place somewhere special or to carry with them. Some have them engraved with a name or a special message.
Ali Hunt, Head of Fundraising at North Devon Hospice, said the leaves were inspired by the trees within the hospice grounds.
“We have very prominent oak and beech trees in the gardens at the hospice, so the fact that people can have their own Memory Leaf in these shapes is of great significance, especially to those who have experienced the care of the hospice,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“These keepsakes are absolutely beautiful and come with a hole in the stem so they can be hung on a plant, a tree, a window or anywhere else significant to you. The Memory Leaf has proved very popular with local people already and they have been purchased to coincide with birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions as a permanent celebration in memory of a loved one.”
There is no set fee, but donations are welcomed and by supporting the hospice in this way, donors will be helping to care for more than 100 local people and their families every day.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
To get a Memory Leaf, Su Massey at North Devon Hospice on ( 01271) 347233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.