Memory cafe for Torrington
A NEW drop-in caf� in Torrington is offering not only hot drinks, but special help for those with memory problems. Mayor of Torrington, Cllr Sue Mills, will officially open the new Memory Caf� at the Methodist Church in Mill Street on July 9. The caf� wi
A NEW drop-in caf� in Torrington is offering not only hot drinks, but special help for those with memory problems.
Mayor of Torrington, Cllr Sue Mills, will officially open the new Memory Caf�
at the Methodist Church in Mill Street on July 9.
The caf� will be open from 10am to 12noon on the second Thursday of each month to offer a friendly, informal and relaxed atmosphere for people with memory problems and their families.
You may also want to watch:
During opening times there will be a welcome from health and social care staff, who will offer help by listening to concerns and looking at possible ways to overcome some of the difficulties experienced by sufferers, their families and carers.
There will also be a chance to socialise with other people in the same position, have a drink and relax.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
The caf� has been set up by the Senior Council for Devon, with the help of TorrAGE and the Community Health Team.
Further information can be obtained by ringing the CHT on (01237) 473049. Those with transport problems should contact Torridge Community Transport Association on (01237) 423232.