Memorial fund and service for Ilfracombe youth worker Belle
- Credit: Archant
Celebration of Christi Kelly’s life on Thursday (June 5) in Ilfracombe, with donations welcome to memorial fund supporting her work in Kenya.
THE family of Ilfracombe youth worker Christi Kelly have set up a memorial fund to help continue her work in Kenya.
There will also be a celebration of the life of the 21-year-old on Thursday at 11am in the Christian Fellowship Church in Ilfracombe, High Street.
Known as Belle, Christi lost her life on May 21 from a sudden and severe attack of malaria while working as a volunteer in Western Kenya for the Moving Mountains charity.
Her mother Carol Kelly and the family have set up ‘Belle’s Memorial Fund’ at the mydonate website, with donations going to support the Kenyan community Belle had lived and worked with since January.
You may also want to watch:
‘Our fundraising will support the community, families and children of Wagwer primary school and the early childhood development centre at Ulamba’ it says on the fundraising page.
‘Christi was deeply involved in the community at both during her time in Kenya’.
The celebration of Belle’s life is on Thursday from 11am. The family has requested family flowers only please, but donations may be made to her memorial fund by CLICKING HERE or care of William Pearce Funeral Directors in Wilder Road, Ilfracombe.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward