Meeting to discuss turbine proposals cancelled
A meeting to discuss future turbine propositions in Torridge has been cancelled
A SPECIAL Plans Committee meeting to discuss wind turbine proposals in Torridge has been cancelled.
The meeting was scheduled for March 15 but following the cancellation, the plans will now be spread through planning meetings instead of during one special meeting,
In this week’s paper The Gazette reported that wind farm opponents in Torridge were planning a ‘gathering’ at Riverbank House, in Bideford next week.
People from Alverdiscott, Huntshaw and Weare Giffard are urging Torridge District Council to listen to their concerns about a number of wind turbine developments proposed for the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
They were planning to hand in a statement to the council at 11am on Tuesday ahead of the anticipated meeting.
The move follows a well-attended open discussion about wind turbines held at Lovacott Village Hall last month.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities