Meeting to discuss turbine proposals cancelled
A meeting to discuss future turbine propositions in Torridge has been cancelled
A SPECIAL Plans Committee meeting to discuss wind turbine proposals in Torridge has been cancelled.
The meeting was scheduled for March 15 but following the cancellation, the plans will now be spread through planning meetings instead of during one special meeting,
In this week’s paper The Gazette reported that wind farm opponents in Torridge were planning a ‘gathering’ at Riverbank House, in Bideford next week.
People from Alverdiscott, Huntshaw and Weare Giffard are urging Torridge District Council to listen to their concerns about a number of wind turbine developments proposed for the surrounding area.
They were planning to hand in a statement to the council at 11am on Tuesday ahead of the anticipated meeting.
The move follows a well-attended open discussion about wind turbines held at Lovacott Village Hall last month.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions