Meeting to discuss turbine proposals cancelled
A meeting to discuss future turbine propositions in Torridge has been cancelled
A SPECIAL Plans Committee meeting to discuss wind turbine proposals in Torridge has been cancelled.
The meeting was scheduled for March 15 but following the cancellation, the plans will now be spread through planning meetings instead of during one special meeting,
In this week’s paper The Gazette reported that wind farm opponents in Torridge were planning a ‘gathering’ at Riverbank House, in Bideford next week.
People from Alverdiscott, Huntshaw and Weare Giffard are urging Torridge District Council to listen to their concerns about a number of wind turbine developments proposed for the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
They were planning to hand in a statement to the council at 11am on Tuesday ahead of the anticipated meeting.
The move follows a well-attended open discussion about wind turbines held at Lovacott Village Hall last month.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe