Meeting for Woolacombe parking problems
A public meeting will be held in Woolacombe Village Hall on Monday to discuss ideas to deal with parking problems in the resort. The meeting is at 7.30pm and residents are invited to hear proposals from Devon County Council to try and reduce the number of
A public meeting will be held in Woolacombe Village Hall on Monday to discuss ideas to deal with parking problems in the resort.
The meeting is at 7.30pm and residents are invited to hear proposals from Devon County Council to try and reduce the number of campers parking overnight on the Esplanade. Police, parish, district and county councillors will be in attendance.
a) Leave existing parking bays as pay and display and unrestricted during the day. Remove parking overnight for all vehicles along the Esplanade. (Ie Unrestricted parking places plus pay & display 9am-6pm. No waiting restriction 6pm-9am.
You may also want to watch:
b) Leave parking bays unrestricted during the day. Remove all parking overnight except permit holders. Ire existing unrestricted and pay & display parking places 9am-6pm. Permit holders only parking 6pm-9am.
c) Limited waiting with Pay & Display during the day. Unrestricted overnight. Ie existing pay & display time limits and charging regime extended for full length of the Esplanade.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 New series of Devon and Cornwall focuses on the Ilfracombe coastline
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
Or retain all existing arrangements
Residents are invited to the Village Hall to discuss the various options with technical advice on hand from county officers.
For more information, contact the Parish Clerk on (01271) 870247.