Meeting for Ilfracombe bus station site
A public open meeting will be held at the Ilfracombe Centre on Tuesday to hear the latest revised version of plans for the controversial redevelopment of the town bus station site. It is more than two years since the original application to demolish the o
A public open meeting will be held at the Ilfracombe Centre on Tuesday to hear the latest revised version of plans for the controversial redevelopment of the town bus station site.
It is more than two years since the original application to demolish the old buildings and replace them with apartment blocks, plus three retail units and caf� was submitted by developers Omnium Ilfracombe Limited.
Since then a number of modifications have been made to the scheme by agents Woodward Smith Architects following opposition from a number of people in the town, who objected to the size and "over-intensification" of the project.
Tuesday's extraordinary meeting of Ilfracombe Town Council is at 7.30pm in the council chamber and will hear the latest amendments to the plan, which include lowering the number of proposed flats to 50, as well as reducing the height of the buildings. A series of proposed changes to materials and design is also intended to make the development more in keeping with the surrounding area and its historic buildings.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme is proposed as four apartment blocks named Water House, The Ropery, Gilbert Court and Lifeboat Court, with up to a quarter of the flats earmarked for affordable housing.
After the application is heard at Tuesday's meeting the public are welcome to ask questions and have their say.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 6 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 10 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer