Meeting for Ilfracombe bus station site
A public open meeting will be held at the Ilfracombe Centre on Tuesday to hear the latest revised version of plans for the controversial redevelopment of the town bus station site. It is more than two years since the original application to demolish the o
A public open meeting will be held at the Ilfracombe Centre on Tuesday to hear the latest revised version of plans for the controversial redevelopment of the town bus station site.
It is more than two years since the original application to demolish the old buildings and replace them with apartment blocks, plus three retail units and caf� was submitted by developers Omnium Ilfracombe Limited.
Since then a number of modifications have been made to the scheme by agents Woodward Smith Architects following opposition from a number of people in the town, who objected to the size and "over-intensification" of the project.
Tuesday's extraordinary meeting of Ilfracombe Town Council is at 7.30pm in the council chamber and will hear the latest amendments to the plan, which include lowering the number of proposed flats to 50, as well as reducing the height of the buildings. A series of proposed changes to materials and design is also intended to make the development more in keeping with the surrounding area and its historic buildings.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme is proposed as four apartment blocks named Water House, The Ropery, Gilbert Court and Lifeboat Court, with up to a quarter of the flats earmarked for affordable housing.
After the application is heard at Tuesday's meeting the public are welcome to ask questions and have their say.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety