Medieval theme for Braunton Fair
THE clash of broadswords, the clink of armour, fair maidens and fiery dragons all contributed to a colourful and sunny Braunton Annual Village Fair on Monday. Organised by the Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, the event took medieval times as its theme, provi
THE clash of broadswords, the clink of armour, fair maidens and fiery dragons all contributed to a colourful and sunny Braunton Annual Village Fair on Monday.
Organised by the Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, the event took medieval times as its theme, providing an opportunity to dress in period costume - stallholders, entrants in the fancy dress costume and visitors, too!
The spectacle, alongside a host of modern attractions, drew hundreds of people to the Recreation Ground to enjoy the displays and many stalls and entertainments, raising funds for the main beneficiaries the Royal National Institute for the Blind and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf and for local charities.
Rotary president Gerry Jones said: "It was a fantastic day, with excellent community spirit and raised a lot of money for charities. I thank everyone who attended for making it a great success."
You may also want to watch:
Football competition winners: Under 9s - Barnstaple Town; ru Braunton. Under 10s - Barnstaple Town; ru, Torridgeside.
Fancy dress: Children's groups - 1, Braunton Rainbows; 2, Caen Caterpillars; 3 equal, Ilfracombe Brownies and Braunton Beavers.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
Individual children and small groups - 1, Annabel, Amy and Matilda Spiers; 2, Mya Stevens; 3, Aiden Gomersall. Adults - 1, Braunton Mobility; 2, George Kempton; 3, Terry Webber.
Shield decoration: 1, Mariners Day Centre; ru, Braunton Visually Impaired Club; Caen Caterpillars; Southmead School.
Art seven - 12yrs: Southmead Schoo1 - 1, Sophie James; 2, Danni Mane; 3, Sarah Beams. Marwood School - 1, Michael Buckland; 2, Madelieine Bowman; 3, Alex Tellem. Georgeham School - 1, William Turner; 2, Jake Hulme; 3, Katie Plummer. Kingsacre School -1, Alex Nicholls; 2, Ella Salmon; 3, Millie Edge.
Art up to seven years: Marwood School - 1, Bruno Longin; 2, Rebecca Norris; 3, Eleanor Roome. Kingsacre School - 1, Ellie davis; 2, Liv Bright; 3, Niomi Edwards.