Medieval theme for Braunton Fair
THE clash of broadswords, the clink of armour, fair maidens and fiery dragons all contributed to a colourful and sunny Braunton Annual Village Fair on Monday. Organised by the Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, the event took medieval times as its theme, provi
THE clash of broadswords, the clink of armour, fair maidens and fiery dragons all contributed to a colourful and sunny Braunton Annual Village Fair on Monday.
Organised by the Rotary and Inner Wheel Clubs, the event took medieval times as its theme, providing an opportunity to dress in period costume - stallholders, entrants in the fancy dress costume and visitors, too!
The spectacle, alongside a host of modern attractions, drew hundreds of people to the Recreation Ground to enjoy the displays and many stalls and entertainments, raising funds for the main beneficiaries the Royal National Institute for the Blind and Hearing Dogs for the Deaf and for local charities.
Rotary president Gerry Jones said: "It was a fantastic day, with excellent community spirit and raised a lot of money for charities. I thank everyone who attended for making it a great success."
You may also want to watch:
Football competition winners: Under 9s - Barnstaple Town; ru Braunton. Under 10s - Barnstaple Town; ru, Torridgeside.
Fancy dress: Children's groups - 1, Braunton Rainbows; 2, Caen Caterpillars; 3 equal, Ilfracombe Brownies and Braunton Beavers.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Individual children and small groups - 1, Annabel, Amy and Matilda Spiers; 2, Mya Stevens; 3, Aiden Gomersall. Adults - 1, Braunton Mobility; 2, George Kempton; 3, Terry Webber.
Shield decoration: 1, Mariners Day Centre; ru, Braunton Visually Impaired Club; Caen Caterpillars; Southmead School.
Art seven - 12yrs: Southmead Schoo1 - 1, Sophie James; 2, Danni Mane; 3, Sarah Beams. Marwood School - 1, Michael Buckland; 2, Madelieine Bowman; 3, Alex Tellem. Georgeham School - 1, William Turner; 2, Jake Hulme; 3, Katie Plummer. Kingsacre School -1, Alex Nicholls; 2, Ella Salmon; 3, Millie Edge.
Art up to seven years: Marwood School - 1, Bruno Longin; 2, Rebecca Norris; 3, Eleanor Roome. Kingsacre School - 1, Ellie davis; 2, Liv Bright; 3, Niomi Edwards.