Meat thief sentenced at Magistrates’ Court
- Credit: Archant
Bideford man stole meat joints to sell, court hears
A Bideford meat thief has been hit with a community order and ordered to pay £40 in compensation.
Christopher Bradley, 36 of Capern Road in Bideford appeared at North Devon Magistrates’ Court today (Friday) faced with two counts of theft from a shop.
The court heard that Bradley stole five joints of meat from Morrisons on September 22 and four more from the same shop the following day.
Bradley, representing himself, told the court that he had been addicted to drugs for 20 years and had planned to sell the stolen meat.
You may also want to watch:
He said he was ‘very disappointed’ with himself.
Sitting magistrate Linda Houlford sentenced him to a 12 month supervision community order, accompanied by a six month low intensity drug rehabilitation programme on the advice of a probation report.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash