ME sufferers must lobby poiticians at General Election
SIR - With the General Election fast approaching, now is the time to empower those who have long been neglected by successive governments, to shape the future agenda. Because 250,000 people in the UK are affected by M.E., nearly every one of your readers
SIR - With the General Election fast approaching, now is the time to empower those who have long been neglected by successive governments, to shape the future agenda.
Because 250,000 people in the UK are affected by M.E., nearly every one of your readers will know someone with the illness. Recent press coverage about Lynn Gilderdale's tragic story yet again highlights how devastating M.E. can be.
Action for M.E. and the Association of Young People with M.E. have produced a joint manifesto.
We urge everyone with M.E. together with their relatives and friends to use this document to lobby their local MP and all other Parliamentary candidates.
You may also want to watch:
It spells out the issues and demands answers on how each candidate in the election would tackle them. By joining forces, a significant number of voters will be able to transform the collective voice of people with M.E., a deafening cry that can no longer be ignored.
The election manifesto for M.E. and a template letter to send to MPs can be found at www.afme.org.uk.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
Sir Peter Spencer,
Chief Exec, Action for M.E.
& Mary-Jane Willows,
Chief Exec, Association of Young People with M.E.