McDonald’s launches Barnstaple delivery service with Uber Eats
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple residents can now get food from McDonald’s delivered straight to their door.
The Barnstaple restaurants have partnered up with online food ordering platform Uber Eats to deliver orders to residents within a one-and-a-half mile radius of the Roundswell Business Park and Eastern Avenue eateries.
Food and drink can be ordered for 'McDelivery' through the Uber Eats app, with a delivery charge of £3.50.
Barnstaple franchisee David Hunt said: "After many years successfully trading in Barnstaple, we enter the digital age with Uber Eats, offering this delivery service.
"The future is here and it's great news for Barnstaple."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hunt started a delivery service in Taunton in September last year, with the number of delivery drivers rising from two to 14.
A revamped Roundswell restaurant reopened in May last year to utilise digital technology including the McDonald's click and collect app and self service ordering points, both of which were already available at the Eastern Avenue restaurant.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council