Mayor to lead Ilfracombe tourism strategy
ILFRACOMBE businesses, councillors, movers and shakers have come up with a single plan of attack to get the town on the tourism map. A meeting of business people and representatives from attractions, hoteliers and organisations, as well as North Devon The
ILFRACOMBE businesses, councillors, movers and shakers have come up with a single plan of attack to get the town on the tourism map.
A meeting of business people and representatives from attractions, hoteliers and organisations, as well as North Devon Theatres and Ilfracombe College, was chaired by the Mayor, Councillor Philip Webb, who has agreed to lead the effort to introduce a concerted tourism strategy.
The creation of the Ilfracombe Tourism Strategy group will see it cross the barriers of existing organisations and work to ensure plans and initiatives to improve the town take place with everyone pulling together rather than people going there own way.
Initial short term ideas to get the ball rolling included the need to create a buzz and appeal about Ilfracombe, so that it will attract day trippers from South Wales. A suggestion included inviting Welsh journalists on a guided visit to the town.
You may also want to watch:
Five task groups have been formed by Ilfracombe business professionals, councillors and community representatives to work on making the new strategy happen.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 8 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 I lost eight stone and an extreme risk of diabetes