Mayor to lead Ilfracombe tourism strategy
ILFRACOMBE businesses, councillors, movers and shakers have come up with a single plan of attack to get the town on the tourism map. A meeting of business people and representatives from attractions, hoteliers and organisations, as well as North Devon The
ILFRACOMBE businesses, councillors, movers and shakers have come up with a single plan of attack to get the town on the tourism map.
A meeting of business people and representatives from attractions, hoteliers and organisations, as well as North Devon Theatres and Ilfracombe College, was chaired by the Mayor, Councillor Philip Webb, who has agreed to lead the effort to introduce a concerted tourism strategy.
The creation of the Ilfracombe Tourism Strategy group will see it cross the barriers of existing organisations and work to ensure plans and initiatives to improve the town take place with everyone pulling together rather than people going there own way.
Initial short term ideas to get the ball rolling included the need to create a buzz and appeal about Ilfracombe, so that it will attract day trippers from South Wales. A suggestion included inviting Welsh journalists on a guided visit to the town.
You may also want to watch:
Five task groups have been formed by Ilfracombe business professionals, councillors and community representatives to work on making the new strategy happen.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 4 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 9 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 10 High Streets reopen across Torridge