Mayor’s concert boosts chemo appeal
Charity evening on song for a good cause
AN evening of “outstanding performances” has helped raise nearly �1,500 for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
Musicians and singers from all over the district joined forces and voices at the Mayor’s Charity Concert, held at Christ Church in Barnstaple.
The event raised �1,476 in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal, councillor Ian Roome’s chosen charity for 2011-12.
Cllr Roome said: “The evening was a huge success with outstanding performances from Barnstaple Male Voice Choir; Bella Voce; North Devon All Starz; Barnstaple Jubilee Singers; Barnstaple Ladies Choir; Panache; Jaden Cornelious; and North Devon Guitar Ensemble. It was a truly fantastic evening.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor also thanked guests for their generous contributions at the Fair Proclamation luncheon where a total of �531.48 was raised by a collection, also for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat