Mayor’s concert boosts chemo appeal
Charity evening on song for a good cause
AN evening of “outstanding performances” has helped raise nearly �1,500 for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
Musicians and singers from all over the district joined forces and voices at the Mayor’s Charity Concert, held at Christ Church in Barnstaple.
The event raised �1,476 in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal, councillor Ian Roome’s chosen charity for 2011-12.
Cllr Roome said: “The evening was a huge success with outstanding performances from Barnstaple Male Voice Choir; Bella Voce; North Devon All Starz; Barnstaple Jubilee Singers; Barnstaple Ladies Choir; Panache; Jaden Cornelious; and North Devon Guitar Ensemble. It was a truly fantastic evening.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor also thanked guests for their generous contributions at the Fair Proclamation luncheon where a total of �531.48 was raised by a collection, also for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year