Mayor’s concert boosts chemo appeal
Charity evening on song for a good cause
AN evening of “outstanding performances” has helped raise nearly �1,500 for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
Musicians and singers from all over the district joined forces and voices at the Mayor’s Charity Concert, held at Christ Church in Barnstaple.
The event raised �1,476 in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal, councillor Ian Roome’s chosen charity for 2011-12.
Cllr Roome said: “The evening was a huge success with outstanding performances from Barnstaple Male Voice Choir; Bella Voce; North Devon All Starz; Barnstaple Jubilee Singers; Barnstaple Ladies Choir; Panache; Jaden Cornelious; and North Devon Guitar Ensemble. It was a truly fantastic evening.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor also thanked guests for their generous contributions at the Fair Proclamation luncheon where a total of �531.48 was raised by a collection, also for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 8 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 9 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton