Mayor opens new business premises
Barnstaple Mayor Ian Roome cuts the red ribbon as a new family business expands
FAMILY run business John Taylor Fasteners Ltd celebrated its 24th year with the official opening of a brand new premises this week.
Whilst many businesses in Barnstaple have been struggling in the aftermath of the recession, this specialist company has defied the odds by moving to a new 7,000sq ft premises on Riverside Road in Pottington Business Park.
The new premises opened for trade January 3, but was officially opened today (Weds) by the Mayor of Barnstaple, Cllr Ian Roome.
Comically donning a hard-hat and high-visibility vest, the Mayor declared the new premises officially open, cutting the ribbon with a pair of bolt cutters.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Roome called the opening a ‘success for Barnstaple’, and said: “In the current economic climate people are tightening their purse-strings. The economy is all doom and gloom at the moment and we do need to celebrate this success as a community.”
The opening event was visited by manufacturers from all over the country, and offered a selection of demonstration vans as well as a grand prize draw and burger van.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
Managing Director Richard Taylor was pleased with the turnout, and said: “This building is three times the size of our original one in Roundswell. We are still the same business, but we just have a lot more to offer now.”
The expansion of the business will result in a larger trade selection area, trade counter, bulk storage area and customer parking, as well as a higher level of business visibility within the area.