Mayor opens new business premises
Barnstaple Mayor Ian Roome cuts the red ribbon as a new family business expands
FAMILY run business John Taylor Fasteners Ltd celebrated its 24th year with the official opening of a brand new premises this week.
Whilst many businesses in Barnstaple have been struggling in the aftermath of the recession, this specialist company has defied the odds by moving to a new 7,000sq ft premises on Riverside Road in Pottington Business Park.
The new premises opened for trade January 3, but was officially opened today (Weds) by the Mayor of Barnstaple, Cllr Ian Roome.
Comically donning a hard-hat and high-visibility vest, the Mayor declared the new premises officially open, cutting the ribbon with a pair of bolt cutters.
Cllr Roome called the opening a ‘success for Barnstaple’, and said: “In the current economic climate people are tightening their purse-strings. The economy is all doom and gloom at the moment and we do need to celebrate this success as a community.”
The opening event was visited by manufacturers from all over the country, and offered a selection of demonstration vans as well as a grand prize draw and burger van.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 3 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 4 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 5 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 6 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 7 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 8 Snell returns to inspire comfortable win for Bideford
- 9 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 10 Nature conservation work in Fremington requires volunteers
Managing Director Richard Taylor was pleased with the turnout, and said: “This building is three times the size of our original one in Roundswell. We are still the same business, but we just have a lot more to offer now.”
The expansion of the business will result in a larger trade selection area, trade counter, bulk storage area and customer parking, as well as a higher level of business visibility within the area.