Mayor offers reward to catch Bideford tree vandals
THE Mayor of Bideford is offering a reward for information leading to the prosecution of vandals who have damaged and destroyed trees in the town s local nature reserve. Cllr Andy Powell is furious at the wilful destruction of trees in Ford Woodland on th
THE Mayor of Bideford is offering a reward for information leading to the prosecution of vandals who have damaged and destroyed trees in the town's local nature reserve.
Cllr Andy Powell is furious at the wilful destruction of trees in Ford Woodland on the Torrington entrance to the town. The woodland has been taken over by the town council and with the help of a local working group, the Northern Devon Coast and Countryside Service And Devon Wildlife, is being developed as a green open space and public amenity.
But vandals have been at work, cutting down saplings and hacking at larger trees
"To state that I feel positively evil towards the idiots who did this would be putting it mildly," said Mr Powell.
You may also want to watch:
"The largest tree damaged has had to be cut down as it was left in such a dangerous state that it was in imminent danger of collapse and would readily have killed anyone within range, had it done so.The damage has only recently been discovered, but there have been one or two reports of people seen acting suspiciously in the woodland a few days ago. I have no hesitation in saying the town council will seek a prosecution against those found guilty of this heinous crime and I personally offer a reward for information leading to that result.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple