Mayor helps spread festive cheer at hospital
Bideford patients not forgotten on Christmas day
BIDEFORD mayor Simon Inch and mayoress Lorraine helped spread some Christmas cheer at Bideford Community Hospital on Christmas Day morning.
Cllr Inch and his consort handed out presents bought with money donated by the Bridge Trust.
They are pictured here with 98-year-old patient Esther Dee.
Cllr Inch said: “It’s a tradition in Bideford that has been going on for many years and I think the patients really appreciated it.
“For some of them, we were the only visitors they had on Christmas day. It was very special and certainly one of my favourite engagements since becoming mayor.”
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?