Mayor helps spread festive cheer at hospital
Bideford patients not forgotten on Christmas day
BIDEFORD mayor Simon Inch and mayoress Lorraine helped spread some Christmas cheer at Bideford Community Hospital on Christmas Day morning.
Cllr Inch and his consort handed out presents bought with money donated by the Bridge Trust.
They are pictured here with 98-year-old patient Esther Dee.
Cllr Inch said: “It’s a tradition in Bideford that has been going on for many years and I think the patients really appreciated it.
You may also want to watch:
“For some of them, we were the only visitors they had on Christmas day. It was very special and certainly one of my favourite engagements since becoming mayor.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
- 10 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again