Mayor helps spread festive cheer at hospital
Bideford patients not forgotten on Christmas day
BIDEFORD mayor Simon Inch and mayoress Lorraine helped spread some Christmas cheer at Bideford Community Hospital on Christmas Day morning.
Cllr Inch and his consort handed out presents bought with money donated by the Bridge Trust.
They are pictured here with 98-year-old patient Esther Dee.
Cllr Inch said: “It’s a tradition in Bideford that has been going on for many years and I think the patients really appreciated it.
You may also want to watch:
“For some of them, we were the only visitors they had on Christmas day. It was very special and certainly one of my favourite engagements since becoming mayor.”
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed