May Fair for all
WITH Torrington May Fair just around the corner, the organisers have issued some advice and special requests to help the big day go smoothly for all.
Wheelchair users and disabled people who wish to see the celebrations on May 5 are advised to be in the town square by no later than 10.15am.
Committee secretary Melissa Baker said: “We do try to keep seats for disabled persons outside the Green Lantern. These are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to health and safety regulation it is very difficult to get wheelchair users and disabled people into the square after 10.15am.”
Following the celebrations help was needed to put away the chairs used during the day and any assistance would be greatly appreciated, she said. Anyone prepared to help should meet in the square 4.30pm-5pm.
Torrington’s carnival will follow on May 7 and entry forms are now available from Xanadu in South Street and from Melissa at 36 Burwood Road.
You may also want to watch:
Various roads in Torrington will be closed for a short time between 6pm and 8pm while the carnival goes through the town.
Organisers also ask that people do not throw coins at the carnival floats.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021